Engage Martech helped raise over £2,300 for Cancer Research
We are proud to announce that Engage Business Media has raised £2,327.50 for Cancer Research. This amount was raised at our 2022 Engage Awards and Engage B2B Awards events, where attendees and award winners had the chance to take part in silent auctions.
According to the British Journal of Cancer, 1 in 2 people born in the UK after 1960 will get cancer during their lifetime. It follows then that cancer has touched the lives of almost everyone, either directly or indirectly. For this reason, we at Engage decided to raise funds to support Cancer Research UK: the world’s leading cancer charity and a leading medical research organisation.
“We chose Cancer Research to help fund the organisation that allows everyone to lead longer, better lives, free from the fear of cancer,” Nicholas Rust, Managing Director at Engage Business Media, commented.
By supporting this organisation, we are hopeful that we can help create a world where some types of cancers are effectively eliminated or prevented from developing. Moreover, we want to help those who develop cancer to be diagnosed as early as possible in order to be treated successfully.
With the money we have raised, we further hope to contribute to research that enables treatments to be more effective, kinder, and more targeted. Lastly, we want to help ensure that everyone – regardless of who they are, where they come from, and what type of cancer they have – can access treatment and share in this progress.
We would like to thank the silent auction specialists Superstars and the bidders who helped us raise this money. The auctions offered people a wide variety of choices, with products and services including works of art, memorabilia, luxury hotel stays, and more.
View a list of the products and experiences people bid on below:
- Paul Gascoigne - Dentist Chair - Black & White
- 2022 Premium Rioja Box, La Rioja Alta S.A., Rioja, Case x 3 Bottle
- Chefs Table Experience for 4 People at Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London
- Geoff Hurst 1966 World Cup Signed Presentation - Black and White
- Tyson Fury Signed Gold Boxing Glove Presentation
- Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Workshop & Lunch in Covent Garden for Four People
- Concorde 'Final Landing' Signed Presentation
- Paul Oz - Queen of Jack II "21"
- Hedonism Wine Tasting for 2 followed by a Michelin Star 3-course lunch at Hide
- Jo Malone London ‘Scent for You’ Experience & Three-Course Meal for Two People
- The Chelsea Flower Show with hospitality at Bluebird with Fashion Panel Talks on Florals in Fashion for 2 People